Re: flexible aluminum... ugh

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/25/01 9:56 AM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Michael H Nolley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <nolleym-at-willamette.edu>
>
>> I'm using "gold leaf" to cover the thing with a conductive surface.
>> I say using because this gold leaf is so frustrating to use, I've only
>> got half done so far?
>> I work on it until i'm ready to throw it across he lab and then set it
>> away, it should be done by 2003?
>
> Oh no!
> Quit while you're ahead!  The gold leaf will fly right off when
> connected to the Tesla coil--or
> am I mistaken?  methinks that coating is too thin!
> --Mike

Putting together cooking pans is an easy solution. To make your own cast
shape form the shape you want then coat it with a mixture of fiberglass
resin loaded with graphite powder and metal powder to make it conductive. If
you like the end results you can then brush-plate it with copper,
 then plate it any way you like
   Robert  H