Re: Attaching Toroid to Secondary

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I'm no expert, but here's what I did:  First, the upper endcap is two
layers of plastic, with plywood in between,  The outer plastic piece has
a 3/8" bolt through the center, pointing up.  The plywood has a shallow
whole drilled in it to accomadate the bolt head.  The whole assembly -
the plastic-wood-plastic sandwich and bolt, are epoxied together.  Now,
two washers are placed on the bolt, followed by a nut.  The top lead of
the coil is wound several times around the bolt between the washers - I
try to arrange it as a sort of flat pancake spiral between the washers.
The nut is tightened, and I seal the outside edge of the gap between the
washers with epoxy.

Now, with the 3/8" bolt sticking up, you can attach the toroid directly,
or you can attach a 3/8" threaded rod connector (avaialable in hardware
stores -  they're like elongated nuts, about an inch long), and a piece
of 3/8" threaded rod of whatever length you like.

If your end cap is already in place, I wouldn't try melting anything
into the plastic.  A good two part epoxy will work much better.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>