Re: SSTC probs >> RF burns, notes, 3055's, etc.

Original poster: "Darren Freeman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

>Have to run, wish me luck with the $25 of P460's this week...........!!

Good luck!!

>Hopefully if one goes it won't take the others with it. Of course, I will let

Now that statement is just going to tempt fate =) We know they *always*
take out their nearest buddy =)

>you all know how it goes.
>
>Take care,
>
>Justin Hays

Yup, you will have fun alright. Find lots of spares though and remember to
start the variac at zero when you plug it in. I took out my last 2 MOSFETS
just by leaving the variac at the half way setting and plugging it in. Some
sort of surge/spike/inrush problem I guess, I was quite annoyed at having
just fixed the darn thing again and blowing it up half an hour later =)

Have fun,
Darren Freeman