RE: Primary Coil parameters?? wire size and spacing...

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-st-systems-dot-com>

Bill,

With the amount of power you're planning on, I would say to go with 3/8"
tubing.  You would heat up 1/4" pretty good and that's something to avoid in
the primary.  As for the spacing between turns, go with what will give you
good clearance with your tap connector.  On my new coil I'm making I too
will be using 3/8" tubing and the connector I'll be using will require me to
use a spacing of about 1/2".  Hope this helps.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX