Re: Pink Plasma

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> I left about 1/2" of water in the jar (didn't want the microwave to be
> running with no load), and I wanted the jar to be out-gassing water
> vapor as I capped it.  I'm guessing that the pink streamers have to be
> just that, streamers, as opposed to a solid glowing mass filling the
> jar, at least with reasonable power levels.

Right, You can see the streamer running up the inside of the jar. I
wonder if the rod\copper "scrubby" idea and maybe some metal salts (like
copper sulfate) sprinkled on the scrubby would work? I know the plasma
of the streamer is hot so maybe it will change the streamer green? If
the ammonia was inside the capped jar, i guess it wouldn't smell would
it? I am cleaning the lab so i can set a small coil up, I want to PLAY
with this new trick myself. Do you think the transmission line from the
topload idea would work, kinda like a loooong breakout point?
One of those big "silly straws" might make a neet "poor mans" gassier (I
know that isn't spelled right) tube.
Either way, I think it is a real cool expierement,and one that I'm
itching to try.
Take care,
Marc M.

 I've wondered about things