Re: Calculation of tank cap

Hi Herwig,

The formula for LTR cap size is:

Cltr = 0.83 x Io / (BPS x Vo)

Cltr = The cap size in Farads
Io = The transformer's short circuit RMS output current (Irms)
Vo = The transformer's RMS output voltage (Vrms)
BPS = The break rate (120 or 100 BPS)

If you rectify the transformer output to DC.  Things get strange but if the
break rates are still 120 BPS then is "should" still work right.

With balasted MOTs, you may have to measure the short circuit current and
open circuit voltage to know what the values are.  Not like simple NSTs
that have it marked on the case ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry