Re: containing the secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

I mount a ~3" dia. wood plug on the bottom of the secondary, which fits
into a corresponding hole in the support, for centering.  Then I keep the
coil upright with 4 nylon hook/loop straps, 1/2"-wide, fastened to the
top periphery & running down to the (2 ft square) baseplate.  I just
tighten the straps differentially until the coil is upright.  You can get
such strap material from McMaster-Carr.

Ken Herrick

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:09:04 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> In a message dated 10/30/01 7:17:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> > i was wondering how other coilers keep their secondaries from
> tipping
> >  over...

[snipped]
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!