Re: science fears

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

 I have judged a several junior high and grade school level science fairs.  I
will probably continue with the annual grade school fair assuming they ask me
again this year.  I find it quite amusing.  The kids in this grade school fair
are required to submit an entry and the rules are not terribly overbearing.
Unfortunately, some of the kids have no interest in it and it shows in their
work.  Others do very well.  The whole point of it is to try to get kids
interested in science, which I applaud.
  The downside is that the closest project I have seen to a Tesla coil at this
level is one kid's project that showed the deflection of a compass needle in
close proximity of a current carrying wire.
Still waiting,
Mike