Re: New (old) bottle cap idea

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi David, all,
    If memory serves, that is the Tollens test for aldehydes, but I'd have to
look it up to be sure(too lazy at the moment).
    The book I have for metal finishing has several 'electroless' plating
methods.  I tried one of the copper methods, but it didn't plate onto the
surface.  It just formed a colloidal precipitate.  There are two other methods
for copper listed, but I didn't try them.  The silver method is very good, so
I'd stick with it.  It also lists a method for nickel and even one for
aluminum(this one would be dangerous I think since it uses aluminum hydride in
diethyl ether).
Mike