Re: Coil schematics?

Original poster: "mbarbani by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbarbani-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Neil,

Here's a schematic of my coil.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Teslaschem.jpg

It's got all the "normal" required parts that most
coilers use, plus one part that's my own addition.  Take a look at the relay on
the primary side of the NST.  It is there to switch power to the NST, because I
like the idea of being able to run the coil with a hand-held pushbutton, but
don't like the idea of switching 120v in my hand directly to the NST even
though the button is well insulated. It actually switches power to the relay,
which in turn gives power to the NST, thereby reducing the current that is
going thru the pushbutton in my hand.  Both common poles of the relay are
ganged to give extra switching power to the NST.

Good luck,
Marc B.