RE: rotary gaps and neons

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Greg: Let me put in a "plug" for a Metlicka Trigger Gap. I will have the
entire How To ready for everyone by Monday.

Ted

Subject: Re: rotary gaps and neons

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Greg,

In a message dated 10/2/01 10:47:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
snip - - -

> So it looks as though
> my new "mega coil" is going to have to run on a BIG neon bank, which
> fortunately are relatively cheap. I have heard that it is not desirable
> to use rotary gaps with neon trannys. Why is this?
>
> Greg.

        Its Asynchronous rotary gaps that are hard on NSTs. The Synchronous
gap
works just fine. Much detail on building and adjusting a SRSG in the
archives.

Matt D.
G3-1085