Almost forgot Was: RE: Shocking Event

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

Forgot to say, always expect the unexpected when running a TC.

The world is an amazing place full of a lot of things we don't know. One
example I can think of to drive home the point was something I read in a
magazine some years ago ...

This team of scientists was studying the lowly termite and they were keeping
one in a glass container and after a weekend, they returned to find the
termite missing with NO apparent means of escape.

Closer examination revealed a tiny hole in the glass container. It turns out
that the digestive enzymes in the termite's stomach can dissolve more than
just wood and the little bloke dissolved a hole through the glass large
enough to escape through!

After so many years, even I have a hard time swallowing this and I'm the one
who read it!

So it shouldn't surprise us when Tesla coils do the unpredictable when a
lowly termite can stymie a group of scientists efforts to contain it.