Re: Safety Gap Question

Hi Dave,

I would keep the gap next to (in parallel with) the main gap.  Otherwise,
the safety gap currents would go through the resistors which may not be
good for them.  Also, the safety gap should not directly short the filter
caps since the very high currents may hurt the caps.  Best to use the
filter as shown even without the MOVs.  The MOVs protect against a safety
gap failure or miss-adjustment.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

Cheers,

	Terry