Re: chokes

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Greg,
     I'ld look into the posibility that your NST died of over voltage
rather than RF. Over voltage can occur if your primary Cap is near
(probably anything within a factor of 2 qualifies as near) the "resonant"
cap size for your NST, and when your primary spark gap fails to fire.
When the primary gap skips a cycle, then the energy in the primary cap
doubles on the next cycle and the voltage goes way up. The fix for this
is not filters, but rather a "safety gap".

Peter Lawrence.

(ps, a formula for "resonant size cap" is  nF = 2.652 * mA / kV)

>Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>