New NST ( To me )

Original poster: "ROBERT L BOZARTH JR. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

        I just acquired my first NST. I am going to build a tesla coil and have
started out by doing research, and collecting/finding the necessary components.
My main reason for posting is that I was hoping to gain info about what NOT to
do to my recently acquired NST. It was actually a pain to find one in my area.
So, I'd like to take care of this one. Normally I experiment alot which can
sometimes end up in disaster.

         Some parts I've acquired are listed below, not all may be related to
building a TC. Let me know if there is other stuff that I should be scrounging
for. I say "scrounge for" because I want to build this using the least amount
of money possible (I pretty much have to). I have most of  the structural
material (I think). Also I'll trade/sell anything I have if anybody finds it
useful. ( I'm a bit of a collector) I live in Longview, Wa. and if I have to
ship anything I will. I'm not trying to make money, but I might need help with
shipping to bigger stuff (180lb xformer!).

Bob Bozarth

-Several different sized transformer cores from welder/plasma arc.
-A 3KV luminous sigh transformer.
-(9) 60uf 370VAC (2-3/4" Dia X 5" Tall)
-Lots of capacitors from TV's, microwaves, misc audio equipment
-Complete transformer from Plasma Arc cutting machine.
-Complete transformer from Welding supply (big, old. Not sure of rating)
-12' length of 6" pvc sewer pipe.
-1/4" OD X 110' coil of copper tubing.
-Wire unwound from electric motors 22ga, 24ga, 28ga and more. all in about 40'
to 50' lengths, 300' to 400' total each size (about).
-Motors: 1/3hp to 1hp 120V to 220V most are 3 speed. Some require capacitors.
-lot's of other misc. parts from said appliances.