Thanks + other.

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

First and foremost, thank you all for your help on chokes. I now know
not to use one. Sorry for bombarding you all with boring emails!

Secondly, I priced the pole pig. It is $1045 Australian (about $600
U.S.) for a reconditioned 5kVa unit. It is from surplus electrics
australia. They have heaps of them, up to hundereds of MVa. A little
out of my price range at the moment, especially considering I may
destroy the thing the first time I run the coil! Just thought any other
Australians may be interested to know. It is probably cheaper to bring
one over from the U.S. I'm still on the lookout for a cheaper one.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland