Re: Secondary Forms

In southern California, Orchard Supply and Hardware (OSH) sells 6" and 8"
PVC pipe by the foot.

If you live in an area with home construction going on, getting a suitable
piece of pipe (legally) is usually trivial.  Two approaches: dumpster dive
for cutoff ends or ask the site superintendent (he's (sexist, I know..)
usually in a trailer on the site).

The landscaping companies generate an immense number of short cutoff
pieces, since they buy it in 20 foot lengths, and they don't have much call
for 3-6 foot pieces after they have cut it down for whatever the
application is.  You can check the yellow pages or look at real estate ads
or signage (trucks on sites) to find companies that do this sort of large
scale installation (they are often different than the companies that do
maintenance). Call them up and find out where their big jobs are (you can
say you are a feeble office slave researching for someone looking to hire a
company to do this), then go to the site. Calling on the phone for a scrap
is pointless, by the way.  You want to go talk to the foreman at the site
and see if you can get a piece right here, right now.