Re: Megger test.

A megger test checks the integrity of the insulation by putting a highish
(several hundred typically) voltage between the winding and the case and
verifying that the resistance is several megohms.

If the windings have the right DC resistance (low), and it's not shorted to
the case, the odds of it being good are great.

Will they let you test it on site, before purchasing?  Hook the 220V line
to the HV side of the transformer and measure the voltage on the LV side.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>