Re: LCR Protection filters

Hi Terry,
           I tried exactly that approach once and for the first and
only time killed a NST. By the time you have a low enough shunt
resistance to dampen the response of the filter, there is little
protection impedance left. Passive filters rely on terminating
impedances to work correctly and the impedance at the terminals of a
NST is bith high and ill-defined. I gave my filter a Butterworth
response but the terminating impedances were mainly included in the
filter itself. I still wouldn't use chokes.

Regards,
Malcolm