RE: Thanks + other.

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Greg,

I took my pig out of its container and put it in a polypropylene file box
from Wal-Mart. It worked fine. I got "fancy" and grounded the core of the
pig transformer to RF ground. Caught the thing on fire three times. I
ungrounded it after it had a hole in the top of the polypropylene cover and
all the oil was black from the fire. It worked fine. I put the pig back in
its own shell and refilled with new oil after acquiring some of that nice
underground primary wire from the city. (I work for an electrician who does
all the underground work for the city and this was some of the direct burial
stuff we pulled out from under a road when we replaced the primary in a
subdivision.) I can now have the pig 20' from the coil so it is happy in its
own case. I get frequent strikes to the primary of my TC and the pig does
not care. If the pig works "out of the box" then don't worry about killing
it. It just won't die. They are very hardy beasts.

later

deano