Re: tesla coils in entertainment

Hi Frank,

It should not damage them if care was taken.  Noise pickup may be a
terrible problem.  Amplifying the already noisy coil through a 5000W PA
system may be messy :-))  But I would not think you would run the coil at
the same time the band plays due to regular noise anyway.  If you did, I
assume the noise in the amps would be welcome.

If the coil were too big or too close, the player's body would pickup
E-fields like Ted's original metal fence did and the players would get
little shocks of the grounded metal on the instruments.  Easily fixed by
getting far away.

Cheers,

	Terry