Re: bigger light

Hi Ry,

At 09:47 PM 10/7/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>managed to increase the input of our coil today from one 15/30 to 2
>15/30's for 15/60.
>this made better sparks.  its really neat being able to control the power
>up with the new variable transformer.  the variac is rated 0-140 at 6amp.
> its not current limiting to 6amp, right? just rated for that much
>current.  my brother thinks the other way and i just havent found
>definitive proof on internet yet.

The variac is rated to 6 amps but it will do more.  No current limiting at
all.  Figure F. of the following instruction sheet gives you an idea of how
far you can push them :-)

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/VarBack.jpg

You do have to be careful not to fry the brush since that is the weakest link.

>next is to plug in our brute-force transformers, first we got to get an
>mmc array for toying with.
>
>is there anywhere to upload pictures of our coil to share our stuff?

You can simply send an E-mail with a file attachment(s) to:

terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com

Within the 15 minute mail check time, it gets uploaded for all at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/

Cheers,

	Terry