Re: how to tune a medium sized coil

Hi Shaun,

If you have the generator and scope, I'd suggest hooking up the resonator
(sec and top
load) and find the frequency. Then calc the primary tap position to the
measured frequency
and start there. You will most likely need to fine tune the primary tap.
During the tap
tuning process, keep an eye on the secondary for flashovers, primary to
secondary arcing,
etc... If necessary, you can raise the secondary up to rid the system of
these occurances.
I personally like to tune at 1/2 power, then fine tune at full power if
necessary.

--
Barton B. Anderson
http://www.classictesla-dot-com