Re: Motor Sync Problem

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <lightningcreator-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hey Ryan,

It does sound like your motor is trying to sync. I hope you had 25 LED's
going one way and 25 going the other. That way you get the full AC waveform,
and not just half, which can cause problems when checking sync. I had a
problem with a small sync motor , and the noise did correspond to the
position of the marks I made on the disk. I finally figured out that it was
the mains voltage fluctuating, and it would  sync then unsync. I solved this
by using a 2A variac I got at a hamfest. Its real tiny, 2.5" wide by 2"long.
and it looks like a huge wirewound resistor. This somewhat regulated the
voltage, enought that it stays sync. I never got to mounting electrodes
though...

My $.02...

Matt Shayka
Geek#1127 G-2