Re: x-ray xfrmer for spark gap TC was, tube coils

In a message dated 10/11/01 8:15:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

David,

In one test, I removed one of the secondaries from an x-ray
transformer, and put the primaries in series instead of parallel,
and ran it on 120 volts instead of 240 volts, all to reduce the
voltage.  It then gave a 48" spark.  It was a dental x-ray unit.

Cheers,
John