Re: Flyback sparkgap

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi

I think I know what you mean - I've saw one in the back of an old
Toshiba set some years ago - used to have it in my bits box until I had
to leave it behind when I emmigrated:-(  Gap I had was about 1/4"
spacing in a glass envelope - overall length about 1".

The electrodes on mine were pretty small (and, of course, not
adjustable); I suppose that it could be used as a safety gap, although
lack of adjustment could be a problem.  It wouldn't have been
continuously rated - the electrodes were so small that it would have got
red hot after very little use...

Cheers

Matthew Smith

<PsychoticMinds1-at-aol-dot-com>