Re: Control panels safety questions

One might consider 'the pickle'.

This is a slang term for a switch present on may pyrotechnics
control systems, required, in some places.  This a switch
which the operator must hold operated, by hand, to keep things
going.  Analagous to the 'dead man' switch present
on locomotives.  Depending wiring preference, can be
normally open, or normally closed.

(I think I've mentioned previously the tale of a friend, who,
in his younger days, got hold of an X Ray transformer.  He was
drawing arcs one day, when Something Went Wrong.  He was unable to
reach The Switch and turn things OFF.
(his dad happened by and DID get to the switch. the transformer
ended up GONE....))

best
	dwp