Re: I guess I'm the new guy now.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/12/01 9:16:05 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> >PS:  How many coilers are there in the
> >Georgia/Tennessee area?  We need an Atlanta Georgia
> >teslathon...that is if there is enough interest and
> >local activity.  Has there ever been a teslathon
> >anywhere in the south or east coast?
>
> Hi Brett. I live about 70 miles or so north of Atlanta. I only know of
> four or five coilers in the state, but there surely has to be more. I
> once told Richard Hull that I was going to start a Tesla group and
> call it the LTCBOC or 'Lone Tesla Coil Builder of Calhoun'. He got a
> kick out of my group of one :-)
>
> If someone has a teslathon, I would love to attend. I can't host one
> since my backyard is too small even for my coils.
>
> Alan
> http://personal.atl.bellsouth-dot-net/~ajones18/index.html

Hi Brett, Alan,

I live in TN, but unfortunately, I'm in Memphis, which is on the
opposite end of the state from y'all's neck of the woods :-(
Memphis is about a 6 hrs. drive from Atlanta or Chattanooga.
I am aware that there are several active TCML coilers in GA.
and I have often thought that it would be nice if someone in or
near the central AL. area could host a "Southern States Tes-
thon". I know of a couple of other coilers in AR.  but I'm pretty
much the only active coiler that I know of in western TN.  Some
place like Birmingham, AL would be a nice central southern lo-
cation to host a "Southern States" Teslathon that would be w/in
a 4 or 5 hour drive from many locations in the south. David Mc-
Kinnon already has the state of FL taken care of with his FL
Teslathon in St. Petersburg:-) My location would be a little lop-
sided westwardly for a central location in the south and I am
also hurting for space to have a full-fledged Teslathon here. So
how about, is there anyone in or near say Birmingham, AL. that
would be willing to host a southern states Teslathon?

David Rieben