Re: Another use for TSGs

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Steve,

Perhaps someone else can see if one can make a triggered Jacob's ladder
> powered by an arc welder.  I know - off topic, but at least it uses TC
> components and lets people get experience with triggering circuits.

Yes - this works very well!!! I connected a pair of isolator caps to the
jacobs ladder and once the arc was initiated it was...well... impressive :)

Jason