RE: Construction techniques (attaching toroid and secondary coil)

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Brett:
My 2 cents in case you want to get fancy.
I wanted ease of connecting in this coil
The secondary is a 6.125" diam PVC thin wall.
I sealed the bottom (top too) with a disk of PVC.
Then I attached a 2.5" shower drain screw fitting to the bottom (Lowes has
them).
Next I cemented a 2" plug to the center of the shower screw also cemented to
the bottom disk. BUT BEFORE cementing, I threaded the bottom end of the
secondary winding through all these fittings using a 1/16" drill bit hole
and soldered the lead to the center and the ground tab of a PL-259 surface
mount connector available from RadioShack.

I know this all sounds more complicated than it actually is.
But the net result is that my RF ground cable (#4 welding) terminates in a
PL-259 plug that quickly screws onto the female socket at the bottom of the
secondary once the secondary has been screwed into the female shower socket.

If you need more info, let me know off list and I can send you a drawing.

Safety First

Ted