RE: Triggered gap-LOUD

Hi Ted,

You definitly need "sound absorbing" material.  My hardwood enclosed gap is
almost as load as an open air gap.  Simply enclosing the gap does not help
much.  Sort of like a drum.  The sound/shock wave from the gap firing must
be a very powerful short burst that behaves differently than typical load
things.  It seem oddly hard to muffle...

Cheers,

	Terry