Re: crystal oscillator

Crystal oscillators work at 32.768 kHz in most watches.

The radiated field from a TC (as many have pointed out) is not all that
high (particularly for higher frequencies), so the high harmonic content of
a conventional spark gap (disruptive) coil probably doesn't present a great
problem.

A class AB amplifier will be less efficient (in a wall plug to RF sense)
than a well designed Class C tube coil or a spark gap coil.