Re: where to connect power...... cap or spark gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/23/01 03:14:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > I was wondering what wiring method is better?
> >
> > Do I run power from the RC filter to the tank capacitor which is in
> > parallel with the spark gap and primary (the way it is currently wired), or
>
> > the other way, where the spark gap is across the RC filter and across the
> > tank cap and primary.
> >
> > Does it matter?  .... to me having the tank cap across the HV supply makes
> > the most sense.
> >
> > Thnks guys!!       I just hope I get this coil going before the snow really
>
> > flys, today it just melted.... thank God!
> >
> > Shaun Epp
> >

> > Shaun

Most people prefer having the main spark gap in parallel with the PSU and the
cap inseries with it. This way, it provides some protection against
overvoltages for the cap and hv supply.

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon