Removing MOT and Cap

Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>

There's a microwave at my school that's free for the taking. How would I go
about safely removing the xfrmer and the cap? It's been unplugged for a few
weeks, but I'm guessing it would still be prudent to discharge the cap. Can
I just short it with a screwdriver? Are there any other sources of voltage I
should be aware of? (BTW, I'm not interested in the magnetron.)

Thanks
Patrick