Re: paralleling variacs

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

> Hey everyone,
>
> It looks as though I am going to have to gang some (3) small variacs
> together to achieve my desired current rating. Just a question on
> paralleling chokes. When ganging 3 variacs together, can a single core
> be used (with 3 windings - one for each variac), or will I have to make
> a choke for two of the variacs and then run its output through another
> choke (larger) with the output from the 3rd variac? - Hope this make
> sense :) Shown below:
>
>                             Variac3 output-------------
>    Variac1 output--------                         (Choke 2)--output
>                         |                             |
>                         |                             |
>                       (Choke 1) ---- Choke 1 output----
>    Variac2 output--------
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg Peters
> Department of Earth Sciences,
> University of Queensland, Australia
> Phone: 0402 841 677
> http://www.geocities-dot-com/gregjpeters

Hi Greg...

check out my web site

HTTP://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

goto the tesla button and then go to bottom of page and see paralleling variacs

it gives alot of info and schematics on paralleling

Scot D