Bob Golding does it again....

Original poster: "Mark Hales by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <markhals-at-dircon.co.uk>

...Cambridge 2001 Teslathon saw a mix of 6 Tesla coils, 2 sstc, 2 marx banks
multiple, lasers (including multi-watt devices), Whimshurst generator and
various other devices of dubious origins/nature.

A few teething problems with the power feed didn't deter anyone in the
least, and after it was sorted, some serious streamers were to be had.

Richie Burnett pleased the crowd with 18 inch, thrumming swordlike flames
from his 3kW (That's right!) SSTC.
Martin Fuller brought possibly the most stunning Cockroft Walton/Marx bank
generator I've ever seen. With homemde rolled poly caps and intricate
metalwork, it's a device that even if it didn't work (which it did all too
well... ear defenders a must), wouldn't disgrace a home as an ornament.
Mike Harrison had another nice marx and his lasers... Think the military
might be intersted in this man soon.. :o)
As always, Mike Tucknott and Bob Goldings coils stole the Tesla show, the
variable rotary gaps making them howl up and down like banshees.
Henry Hallam and friends represented the teenage fraternity, with 3 coils
and other devices.
But the show stopper was Mike Ts farady cage, with several people getting in
for a scarey session.
And Mr Faraday was right, I took in a digi canera with absolutley no
glitches whatsoever.

A great gig... Cheers Bob and all that came along to put on the show. Roll
on 2002...

CD will be available with multiple MPEGs/AVIs, pix from this gig and the
trip to the National Grid HV lab at leatherhead a few weeks back.
Also included will be the NG student coil 12 meg document complete with
theory and maths... Heavy going and not a how to, but lots of solid info
that you'd expect from a students research.
The CD will not be free this time, I'm afraid, but if you want one, £3 / $5
sent to

Mark Hales
311 Days Lane
Blackfen, Sidcup