Re: small toroids -- where to buy

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 10/30/01 4:52 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>
>

> Where do you guys get your toriods, I've seen a recend post for large spun
> aluminum balls, but what about toriods?
> I know I can buy one from Information Unlimited, but they're expensive!
> Then one I make using 90 degree dryer duct elbows, breaks out in too many
> places and the voltage doesn't get a chance to build.
>
> I'll be looking for a 12" toroid , 3" or 4" high to put on my tesla
> coil...... What else would I put it,  ok.. on my head might be a place.  :
> -))
>
> Thanks,
> Shaun Epp

Two ss mixing bowls soldered together form a sphere. SEARS has pure tin
solder and flux to solder stainless. Some welding shops also have solder for
stainless. Colanders can also be soldered to make a sphere with holes.
Bundit pans make toroids. Just a few thoughts to consider
    Robert H