From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 10:01 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Static Gap Idea

Original poster: "Vince D'Amore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<vincedamore-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 Hello people

 I have this idea for a static gap. It is not all that new of a concept but
wanted to get some opinions on it.
It is similar design to the Richard Quick spark gap.
Using a 4 or 6 inch dia. piece of PVC but instead of the Copper pipe I want
use small brass knobs or bushings.
Basically the design would be to cut a 4 inch length of PVC to start.
The second part would be to cut a 1/4 inch groove cross section to mount the
knobs on the inside with the
threaded screws coming through. I figure this would be an easy way to make
adjustments as needed.
Then using a flat PVC end cap for mounting the air flow system or cooling
fan.
If needed perhaps
blocking the other end of the PVC to force the air flow through the 1/4 inch
groove rather than through
the whole assembly.
Any thoughts or comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vince