Re: New Coil Design

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-st-systems-dot-com>

Hi Ben,

My current coil very similiar to yours, except mine is wound with 32AWG and
a winding length of 12".  The biggest improvement I think you could make at
this stage of the game is a larger diameter secondary.

In order to get the 2' arcs I'm getting, I have to drive this with too much
power.  I have two 15/60s paralleled and using 20nf worth of cap.  The next
coil I'm in the process of building should use that power better and is an
8" diameter coil form.

Bottom line, go to a piece of 4" PVC and don't bother with the 2.5".

Mark Stolz
G-2 #1049
Houston, TX

> Original poster: "Ben Murrell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"<benmurrell-at-att-dot-net>