RE: Coil Usage/Urban indoors

Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

I have been running my 15",  700w coil in the basement theatre of a
building. Some observations:
1) I employed an RF ground to a storm drain with some chicken wire on one
wall (neighbor protection). I followed the advice of the experts of this
list regarding  grounding and NST protection - the advice is sound. The coil
runs cool and predictably.
2) All HV transformers used in the devices have EMI filters
3) The coil does interfere with the lower end of the am scale and, to some
degree, fm reception, within 30 feet, perhaps longer; don't know.
4) It did not effect a digital camera or palm pilot, even at full power, and
within two feet
5) It did freeze the computerized dimmer control board which was moved back
from 15 feet to thirty feet. It worked fine at that distance, but I still
added incoming rf protection with another EMI device, as well as some rf
grounded chicken wire between it and the coil.
6) Most of the arcing is 12" to several RF grounding sources which reduces
the RF noise considerably; true free streaming has not been fully explored
at full power.
7) People with electronic medical devices are warned, none, to my knowledge
have visited, thus far.
8) Within 4 feet of the ground there is a wiring grid (3/4" emt x 2' grid)
of metal conduit in the ceiling for all the theatrical lighting, hence why I
arc to ground (the desired effect of this project) several feet before the
grid - the conduits have an uncertain behavior and can act as giant RF
antenna for the mains ground. No manifestations of RF.

Stay tuned, and good luck,

Gary