stacked poly cap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I was thinking of building a stacked poly cap using the HDPE sheets available
from McMaster-Carr. I wanted to use the 1/16" thick sheets. They are pretty
cheap ($1.67 I think.) Does anyone know what voltage the sheets should be
able to withstand? I haven't been able to find reliable information on the
dielectric strength of HDPE. Almost everything I have seen has a had a
different value for the dielectric strength. Also, I was wondering if someone
could give me the formula for calculating the capacitance of a plate cap.
                                    Justin