Re: Ignition Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Justin,
   I presume you are using this setup for charging your tank capacitor
rather than using this for a triggering electrode.    I am only guessing, but
do you think that maybe the 34uF cap causes a 60Hz resonance with the primary
of the ignition coil?  Perhaps it is simply a power factor correction and
causes the load to the dimmer to be more resistive than reactive.
Mike