A simple question, and the prevention of a VERY expensive mistake.

WE GOT THE NEW WIRE SPONSOR!!!!!!!! :)

This is as big to the Group's alignment with CD, we now have a
full-sponsorship agreement for magnet wire :) It's taken me 5 MONTHS to
close this deal. It's about time :)

This is a simple question, but if I order the wrong thing it's a serious
pain in the but, and sponsors get VERY upset if they spend a bunch of money
to give you something and you don't give them results.

We're winding 6 tubes, all for use as secondaries.

3 tubes of 12"PVC (it's actually a little bigger I think as I believe 12" is
the ID) Each winding will be 6' long.

3 tubes of 24"dia and 110" long.

I need to know reccomended wire sizes (and why you reccomend that size),
length, and most importantly, WEIGHT IN POUNDS (don't forget to add 3% to
the copper weight for insulation) as they are donating the wire to us by
guage/pound, not length.

This will make possible our new BIG coils, the twins and allow us to do work
into Tripolar coils (hence the extra secondaries for each coil).

Also, as an aside. We're making a winding machine specificly for Tesla Coil
use. It will make various secondaries of any size from 10" to about 6' it
started out as a 4-colour Harco screen-printing press :)
Has anyone ever wound secondaries Vertically before?

For reference purposes, here is the original email from the sponsor:

"Chris,

We will be glad to support this effort.  Just to insure we send the
correct amount of wire can you give me the weight of wire you are
requesting.  I thing I could figure this out from your e-mail but don't
want to do this twice.  We produce these sizes and package by weight in
lbs. to include the weight of the insulation which is about 3% of the
total weight of the product.  The product we would send you is rated at
200 °C, that is it will withstand 200 °C for 20,000 hours."

(yes, this went to both the GeekList and the Pupman List, some of you will
get this twice)

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek