Re: Ceramic Standoffs

Original poster: "Ron Hubbard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hubbard_ron-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Ceramic Standoffs
>Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 08:10:21 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Ron,
>
>Digikey sells them but not super cheap.
>
>http://info.digikey-dot-com/T013/V5/690.pdf
>
>Cheers,
>
>	Terry
>
>At 05:10 AM 9/7/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >

> >Hi, All;
> >
> >Does anyone know of a comparatively cheap source of small, ceramic
> >insulation cones?
> >
> >Thanks.

Thanks, Terry. I took a look at those and noticed that while they will allow
screws to be entered in them at each end, they are solid in the middle.

I don't think that is too good for mounting a sphere or a small toroid to a
TC. I was looking for those ceramic insulators where there are circular
plates that get smaller from the base to the top-- like the kind seen on
power poles and even on some poles pigs. I have seen someone use these on
their small Tesla coils and I think they are really cool. :)

Ron