Re: The dowel of death - SAFETY

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Justin,

Actually PVC has enough permeability to water that the oil will eventually be
contaminated with water.  This unsuspected event poses a real HV danger.  Also
you have several dielectric interfaces such as oil-PVC and PVC-air which will
become contaminated with moisture.

A single failure will probably be fatal.  There are no dress rehearsals here.

RWW

> I disagree, the oil inside has *everything* to do with the HV rating. I don't
>
> want conductive dirt getting up inside that pipe where I can't see it and
> remove it..........now if it's full of HV oil and sealed, how is dirt ever
> going to get in there?

--- Richard Wayne Wall
--- <mailto:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com