Re: Q about E-tesla-6

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Peter,
>
>E-Tesla places a virtual sphere around the entire coil.  The coil is
>assumed to be symmetrical about the center axis.  A 2 dimensional grid is
>computer from the center axis out to the wall and that grid is "spun"
>around the coil.  Through calculus, The total field through the surface is
>summed up to compute the interior charge.  The file "original.txt" explains
>the basic physics.  "Gausses law" is key to the whole thing.

Terry,
      I have read your "original.txt", which is prompting me to ask these
questions. Lets see if I can re-phrase them,

The field at each point on the "gaussian surface" must be computed, and here
is the question: is this not done by summing up the contribution of each
unit of charge in the physical TC.

I understand from Paul Nicholson's work that there is a particular distribution
of charge on a coil if the top is at a given voltage and the base is at ground
voltage, and you need this distribution to correctly compute the field on
the gaussian surface. Was this not the important enhancement in version 6,
or am I missing something here (entirely possible, I'm trying to get an
understanding before I dive into the source code).

So my question is what assumption did you make about the distribution of charge
on the toroid to complete the analysis.

thanks again, apologies in advance this is taking so long...
-Peter Lawrence.

>"The total flux passing outward through any closed surface equals (1/eo)
times