Re: Optimal Toroid Placement

In a message dated 9/10/01 11:38:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> I hate the idea of drilling a mounting hole in the toroid. My thought is to
>  just set it directly on top of my six inch diameter coil. It seems to me
>  that there is really no need to fasten it down or use a support insulator
as
>  it could just rest directly on a 6 inch diameter PVC end cap. I think a
>  copper disk glued to the top of an end cap with the coil wire attached to
it
>  would provide a very good connection to the toroid.

Dave,

You can mount it that way and it will work fine.  The only risk
I see is if someone happens to bump against the coil or toroid
and causes the toroid to fall to the floor.  I drilled a hole in mine,
so I can be sure it stays put.

John