From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 5:27 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Modeling Secondary Inductance

Hi Jeff,

Well, if your an engineer and really can't help yourself, here is probably a
lot more than you wanted to know :-)))  It has kept me busy for a few years
;-))

Basically, the secondary coil is a complex mess that can be modeled
successfully with a coil capacitance (Medhurst capacitance) and a top load
capacitance.  It has now also been modeled in great detail using computer
analysis.  I could go on for hours but this will get you started on the
subject
Richard Hull warns "will simply make you nuts" :o)

If you really want to know the nasty details (as many of us do :-))), see
the
great work by Paul Nicholson:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Especially:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn2511.pdf.zip

Also a general paper of mine at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

I use MicroSim and have some coil models:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/91pspstu.exe
(that one is 27mB!)
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MicroSim/MicroSim.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoilSCH.gif
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoilSCH.gif

Also:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla6.zip
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/andrewb/

Is a program that finds the resonant frequency (see the text files...)

More general info at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/TeslaCoils.htm

Cheers,