Re: SW variable cap measurements

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>
> But, when
> I began to raise the bottle out of the water, the capacitance dropped very
> slowly, down to about .7nf.  Wiping the bottle off with a paper towel dropped
> the capacitance down a lot.  So the water clinging to the sides of the glass
> kept the high capacitance going.  So it works properly for increasing the
> capacitance, but lowering it doesn't work so well.  I didn't have any oil to
> add to the water to see if that would help.

A very thin coat of wax (white candle wax) on the bottles should
eliminate the problem of water clinging (a few beaded drops won't
matter, as long as it's not a continuous conductive sheet), but I'm not
sure how it would affect the capacitance.  Car wax might even work for a
while.

	- Bill Vanyo