Re: Newbie Design help

In a message dated 9/19/01 12:33:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>
>
>  But if I over-build, will that make my coil less effecient at the
single-NST
>  power?

Patrick,

not necessarily.  When I tried a 6" x 24" secondary, using a
12/30 NST, I obtained the same spark length as when I used
a 4" x 23" secondary using the same NST.  The size of a coil
is not that critical.... there's a range of acceptable sizes.
It's the gap design and capacitor quality, and value, that is most
critical.

John